Wednesday 20 October 2010

PMQs - Pre-Spending Review

That was a much weaker performance by Ed Miliband than his score draw last week. He started off well enough with a quip at Ken Clarke's 'squeezed middle' but Cameron easily swatted the real question that followed. On the last question Cameron was brutal, reeling out the old Labour slogans and laying into the Labour leader for his role in the Treasury while the economy tanked. Cameron also got a bit of revenge for last week's 'I'm new to this but I'm sure I ask the questions' jibe from Ed, by saying that his first two questions were not very good and then remarking 'That's a better question!' to the third.

Ed Miliband needs to pick up his media training, he keeps repeating words, saying 'because, because, because...' and 'Can I just ask him, can I just ask him, can I just ask him...' in order to overcome barracking from the Tory benches. He had a hard job today as PMQs aren't really the main event, but his performance slipped and, at the same time, Cameron's performance was much improved. Solid win for Cameron.

No comments: